Who We Are
What We Believe
The following beliefs of the TBC family are just highlights of our major beliefs. The list is not intended to be exhaustive.
- Jesus is the Son of God, that he came in the flesh, lived a sinless life, and died as the sacrifice for our sin in order that he might bring us to God.
- The Bible is God’s Word and is the highest earthly authority given for instruction of God’s people, the church.
- Jesus is the Word of God made flesh and he alone is the Lord of scripture and the only guide for biblical interpretation. We believe the Bible traces the history of God’s relationship with his people, Israel, and that it points in all ways to Jesus, the Alpha and Omega, the goal of history.
- Jesus is to be the center of a believer’s life and the church.
- Jesus established God’s Kingdom on Earth, that his Kingdom advances through the gospel of Jesus Christ and that Jesus has called all his followers to partner with him in building the Kingdom of God by sharing the gospel with every person.
- In the triune God who exists eternally as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- God wants a relationship with every person.
- God is Holy and sin separates us from God but Jesus saves everyone who places faith in him.
- God calls every believer to be involved in a local church, to be active in telling others about Jesus, and to be faithful in giving financially to God’s work through the church.
- God’s definition of Biblical marriage is one man and one woman for life.
- Every believer should go on a mission trip at least once, giving an entire week or two weeks to the task of serving others and sharing Christ.